We're happy to announce the details of the next Local Wisdom event in Vancouver, Canada early in the new year. This will kick off a partnership with Emily Carr University of Art and Design and Assistant Professor in Design and Dynamic Media, Hélène Day Fraser.
If you are in the Vancouver area please come down to represent Canada in this international project!
Saturday 19 January 2013
10:00am - 4:00pm
1399 Johnston Street, Vancouver, BC
What should you bring to be photographed? Perhaps you have a garment that is…
• Is easily repairable
• Is worn regularly and has never been washed (and isn’t leather!)
• Is enjoying a third, fourth or fifth life
• Surprises you each time you wear it
• Shows or tells the story of how it’s been used
• Is worn in ways that defy the producer’s values
• Is adapted over and again in order to meet changing needs
• Has interchangeable parts that can be worn in different ways
• Is shared between people
• Connects you to others
• Is worn in response to changing economic and environmental concerns
• Is made up of interchangeable pieces that can be worn in different ways
Images from the recent photoshoot in London...